The first game that maynard smith analysed is the classic hawk dove game it was conceived to analyse lorenz and tinbergens problem a contest over a shareable resource the contestants can be either hawk or dove. Synopsis here you will have a chance to apply what you havelearned about games and their solution to a classic two strategy game hawks and doves you will be introduced to these strategies which have utilityin understanding how fighting and display strategies could co exist in apopulation. This lecture explains the hawk dove game in which players choose whether to violently pursue their ends and risk war hawk or to pursue peace dove what are its nash equilibria category. Figure 3 maynard smith and prices hawk dove retaliator game row players payoffs given first in each cell v is the payoff for victory in a conflict c is the cost of fighting eg wounding
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.